Friday, April 13, 2012

Change in Blog Set-Up


Photo: Paul Stevenson@flickr

Dear English 590.04H folks,

First of all, I want to thank Rebecca and Kara for posting the first blogs.  Being the first to take the plunge is a gutsy thing to do, and I urge you all to look at their postings:

http://romanticismrmkuj.blogspot.com/2012/04/man-with-cloven-foot-lover-or-demon.html
http://kara-mccormick.blogspot.com/2012/04/faith-and-power-in-sicilian-romance.html

The only problem is that I was delayed in discovering those wonderful blogs because I didn’t know that it required going to my Blogger Dashboard on a regular basis to find out.  Since this “atomized” blog system is problematic for our purposes (mainly in terms of getting convenient notifications of new blogs), I decided to create a single blog for the class, where you can see everyone’s blogs in one place. Also, this arrangement will make it easier for people to share all kinds of other things, such as cool web sites, photos, and videos.

So, I have re-named “Dr. T’s Academy” as “Gothic Scholars” and will be sending all of you an invitation to join as authors.  This will allow all of you to post your “official” course blogs, as well as anything else that is relevant to the course. When you post a message, it will go to everyone’s email account as well.   This way we will all be conveniently in touch with what’s happening on the blog. The blog will still be public, so people outside the class can view your postings.

For those of you who have already set up a personal blog, please feel free to keep it and also re-name in any way you want.  I won’t consider it to be part of the class anymore.

Sorry for any inconvenience, but this is my debut as a blogger and blog manager, and so I am just learning the ropes.  Some of you are probably learning along with me.

Please respond to the invitation to join “Gothic Scholars” as soon as possible, and
please let me know if you have any questions or problems concerning this change in the set-up of the new blog.

My best,

Dr. T

No comments:

Post a Comment